When I’m done with a great workout the LAST thing I want to think about is what to eat. I know you need a good balance of carbs and protein after a workout to replenish and refuel your body, but if I don’t have something easy to grab after I workout I tend to stare at my panty or fridge and grab the easiest thing I see (which isn’t always the healthiest).
When I discovered these protein bites I became obsessed! They are super easy to make and are the perfect snack to grab post workout or any time for that matter. And the best part is they take less than 10 minutes to make and no baking required. Got to love that!
Here is my recipe for Protein Power Bites:
- 1/3 cup Oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup Raw Honey
- 1/3 cup Your Favorite Protein Powder (I like using vanilla or chocolate Shakeology)
Optional add ins:
- Chia Seeds
- Ground Flaxseed
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Chopped nuts
1) Pour all ingredients in a medium size bowl; mix well
2) Place parchment paper on a small plate or in a Tupperware
3) Roll mixture into 1” bite size balls
4) Refrigerate for 20-30 min before eating
5) Keep refrigerated and sealed in Tupperware to enjoy all week! (The all natural peanut butter will make them too soft if left out because it will want to separate from it’s oil)
In less than 10 min you have 12 of these bites to enjoy all week. Serving size is 2 bites; be careful they are addicting! Try them out and let me know what you think!
I’m a wife, soon-to-be mom, group fitness instructor and Independent Beachbody coach living in the sunny beach town of Ventura, California. My passion in life is to help others reach their goals and realize that they deserve to live a healthy and happy life. When I’m not in the gym or working my home coaching business, I enjoy spending time with my husband and friends, going to the beach, reading, attempting DIY projects around the house, looking up new recipes on Pinterest (and possibly getting lost on there for hours) and watching my guilty pleasures, The Bachelor and So You Think You Can Dance.