While you're reading this (with coffee in hand I hope), I am on a plane to California for a girl's trip! I would love if you joined me on Instagram!
Ahh blogging how I have missed you and your community of supportive, kind and talented writers with beautiful stories to share and Instagram feeds that make me want to go on vacation. It's nice to be back.
It's been a minute since I have been in the blogging world so I find it only appropriate that we get to know each other again. So, taking a page out of Amber's book, I am sharing a few fun facts about me....then it's your turn in the comments!
1. My passion in life is helping people live their best life. I want to make a career out of it.
2. My other passions in life are blogging and rescuing dogs. I would probably have 5 dogs if Kyle would let me!
3. My car stereo and TV volume are always on an even number because odd numbers bother me.
4. I am an introverted extrovert. (It's a real thing, I promise!)
5. I absolutely HATE doing laundry and HATE all things car maintenance. If I could avoid both of these things and still have a functional life, I would do it in a heartbeat.
6. I'm a morning person in the sense that I do my best work, best writing and enjoy exercise in the mornings. I'm not a morning person in the sense that I really don't want to talk to anyone before 10 a.m.
7. Favorite songs of all time: "Beautiful Day" by U2 and "Copperline" by James Taylor.
8. I believe you can tell a lot about a person by which boy band they loved the most growing up. (*NSYNC forever)
9. My favorite guilty pleasure shows are Cops and Intervention. I have no clue why....I'm just addicted and I can't stop watching.
10. I could probably live on pumpkin flavored coffee and breakfast burritos.
11. I secretly wish I could be a fashion blogger....but: a) I'm not stylish enough and b) see aforementioned hatred for laundry.
12. The beach is my happy place. Not just any beach, though: there's beach in my hometown with an amazing pier and boardwalk where I go to feel at peace. No trip home is complete unless I've walked my 4 miles along that boardwalk.
13. I am a die-hard USC Trojans fan. Every Saturday from August to January I am wearing my Matt Leinart jersey and screaming at the TV like the team can hear me. Fight On!
14. I love rap music and Jay-Z is my all-time favorite rapper.
15. I was a really good student all through high school....except that one time I got caught cheating on a test in my AP World History class in 10th grade. #oops
16. In the last year I have become lactose intolerant. You'd think this would stop me from eating Jeni's Ice Cream, but you would be completely wrong.
17. My favorite book of all time is "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt. The beautiful, childlike, humorous way he tells the story of his life is the way I dream of writing someday.
18. As a little girl, I dreamed of becoming an actress or a vet. I soon discovered that everyone in California wants to be an actress and that there was a lot of science and math involved in becoming a vet so I happily gave up both of those dreams.
19. I am one clumsy mofo. I trip over nothing, run into things and am completely accident prone. Kyle makes fun of me for this ALL. THE. TIME.
20. Sarcasm is my love language....so is "words of affirmation".